Take networked storage testing to a new level
The Load DynamiX protocol suite offers the widest breadth of NAS, SAN and Web emulation. It allows users to build realistic storage, cloud and web 2.0 workloads at scale to test storage networks, unified storage, compute infrastructure, and switching fabrics. Storage infrastructure can be the enabler or the bottleneck in the growth of data center infrastructures. The Load DynamiX solution empowers data center operators to replicate all major real life use-cases involving mixtures of file, block and object protocols generated simultaneously from a single interface.
“Load DynamiX is my sword: I aim it at our products and it’s the simplest and most effective way to find bugs in our products! It’s almost scary!”
— QA Manager, Major Storage Equipment Manufacturer
Storage technology vendors can improve the robustness and performance of their solutions. IT operations and service providers can perform capacity assessments of the storage tiers and ensure the storage infrastructure is configured and tuned properly to support the explosive growth in data centers. With the Load DynamiX protocol suite, test engineers have the ability to validate their storage and networks with complex data patterns and huge loads.
Client Emulation Realism
- Simulate real-world user, server and application behaviors.
- Model sequences of operations across multiple protocols to simulate interactions at the compute, virtual and storage layers of data center infrastructure.
- Recreate virtual machine boot storms that can occur after power outages or after other catastrophic failures. Find the optimal start delay in between VM boots in order to minimize overall time for all VMs to boot.
- Determine how many VMs can be supported on storage arrays by mimicking hypervisor, virtual machine, OS and application I/O behaviors
- Identify inefficient file and block operations used in virtual environments. Performance can vary significantly with parameters used by applications or hypervisors such as block size.
- Emulate any workload using low-level protocol commands to represent sequential or random I/O, long or short-lived I/O, metadata queries and client-side caching options
- Pinpoint bottlenecks from the database access tier to storage arrays by modeling I/O intensive database workloads
Powerful Test Modeling and Insight
- Create action sequences with various percentage ratios of read versus write I/O and metadata to data.
- Flexible scenario modeling with looping constructs, user parameter files, and functions for unique parameter usage.
- Set independent, iterative load profile objectives for each parallel scenario to assess scalability including: concurrent scenarios, new scenarios per second, concurrent actions, new actions per second, concurrent connections, new connections per second, and throughput.
- Use asynchronous control constructs within protocol sequences
- Control constructs to ramp-up and ramp-down client sessions
- View response times per command to quickly isolate performance problems
File System Creation / Data Verification
- Create complex file system structures with varying file sizes and directory levels.
- Support for reading and writing large files.
- Data verification options to ensure the integrity of data written to target storage